Good Sunday to you all!
What a great day. We spent the morning in worship, hearing again that in our weakness God is strong. We needed to be reminded that this world is not our home, and that what we experience here in life is not the way it is supposed to be. But since sin entered the world, we who follow the one true God must remember we are the love of His life, and thus we are to live like the love of His life, girding our selves with the truth that it is not about us and our ability, but Christ alone and His strength manifested in the cross. We are to remember we bear Christ's righteousness, and thus can stand before God as His adopted sons and daughters. We carry the shield of faith, believing what God has promised as we go in the peace of the gospel, preaching to ourselves over again our need for God's salvation. The helmet of God's salvation is Christ our head - the only true center of our heart. He is what we long for in our search for truth, peace, intimacy, love. Nothing else can ever satisfy. Lastly, we carry the sword of the Spirit - God's word - our only weapon as we struggle against the power of this world. Yet, in all this, we wait on the LORD, who will renew our strength. What a message. What hope.
Tomorrow I am to go to Reston Hospital for the MediPort insertion, getting ready to begin chemo shortly (still don't know when). I have had a very good couple of days, and so Cynth and I are hoping for continued increase. We have had some moments - I have likened it to a child that tells his/her parent, "I don't want to do this." But I know God will use this His glory, the building up of the Kingdom and for our edification.
We also should hear back from the PET scan tomorrow or Tuesday, so we'll let you know what we learn when we hear. Again, thank you all who are following this, calling us, sending cards and messages. God is good all the time and you all are the hands and feet of that goodness.
Until tomorrow, God bless you all and your families.
No comments:
Post a Comment