Welcome!

Thank you for joining us as we wait on the LORD. We will post new information here as we have it to help us keep all of you who have asked informed of the latest news.

Monday, January 3, 2011

Three Days Journal

It has become something approaching normal now for me to begin a post and not finish it within the same twenty-four hour period. Even though I try to begin the post earlier in the evening, I still may not finish it because I fall asleep. I'll keep trying though.

Communion Sunday today. Communion Sunday is always good, for all the reasons that I (we) all need that meal. Today, we were reminded that we must partake of Christ to have life. Reminds me of God telling Joshua that the law of God would not depart from his mouth, but to meditate on it day and night. I was also reminded that God tells us that we live by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.

What is he saying? That we owe our very breath to him. He sustains us, even those in unbelief, they too derive their existence from the living God. And if he gives us our daily breath, how much more all the other needs we have that are also met by his mercy and grace. Our great God, our Heavenly Gather knows our every need and we need only trust him for it's supply, and to make our requests known, as we would anyone else we are in intimate relationship with. Dear ones that we have communion with, just as we do the triune God.

We have really enjoyed a relaxing week and a few days. I've felt reasonably good and we've enjoyed the company of family and friends, those that God has brought into our lives in many diverse ways. It has been wonderful to spend this time on how good God has been through many, many twists and turns. I think about those I shared relationship with from so many years ago. Many friends I've since become re-acquainted with . . . Childhood friends from elememtary school, band friends and classmates from junior high and high school, youth group friends, college roommates and friends from days of significant growth.

It is now Monday, January 3. We said "Farewell" to our dear friend of these past twelve years, Alan Smith, who passed from this life to Paradise December 26 after three-year fight with cancer. Life may be precious, and to that I agree. But, oh how sweet it is to be in the presence of the Father and the Son where there is perfect life everlasting. No more pain, sickness or strife. And to be in perfect relationship as we were meant to be with our Creator God. What a blessed thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment