Welcome!

Thank you for joining us as we wait on the LORD. We will post new information here as we have it to help us keep all of you who have asked informed of the latest news.

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Sleepless Nights

One night after a very unrestful, nearly sleepless night, we have Rachael and are on our way home. For her first night, I was able to pull off the surprise of a lifetime (well, so far). Rachael has been at the University of Alabama attending the American Ballet Theater's Summer Dance Intensive for the last three weeks. Since this kind of program is very strictly structured, many of Rach's normal routines were disrupted. So as we arrived at our hotel room tonight at midnight, I sought to give Rach the nightly snack she often craves: a bowl of cereal and milk (I may have even been restored to favored status). Of course, Rach danced beautifully, looked as if she had grown a foot - so graceful.

I cannot explain my restless night last night. All I know is I was hot then cold then hot again. I couldn't get comfortable any way I tried. For most of the night I could only get a short amount of sleep at a given time. I have had no pain since early last week, but I have kept up with the long acting pain medication. Until last night, that is. I missed the six pm dose. Whether that contributed to my tiresome night, I do not know, but if it did, I dread stopping the med like the plague.

For my closing thoughts tonight, I only wish to make an apology. The offended parties likely will know after I described what I did. It was silly really, but there is no excuse. I was simply trying to be funny in a response to something said to me by two people on two separate times today. Funny was not required, but there I was trying to sieze the moment and hoping to create something I could play off of the other's comment. In each case, my response was not hurtful, but could have been taken that way. Certainly in the replay of the transaction, it could have been deemed to have been hurtful. For the hurt I caused in each occasion to two people I love very much, I am deeply, truly sorry.

As you pray today, please remember our trip home. We should be on the way at about eight with an anticipated arrival at about four pm. We thank you for your continued prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment