Welcome!

Thank you for joining us as we wait on the LORD. We will post new information here as we have it to help us keep all of you who have asked informed of the latest news.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Change, Again

Seven days until Cynth and I begin the fourth round of treatment. She is constantly keeping on top of even the seemingly insignificant changes: intake, output, appearance, etc. We talk about three or four times during the day while I am working, and she reads me very well. While we have been tremendously blessed, having thus far experienced very little in the way of adverse side effects, we have had some (most earlier described here). And others that have come on the last few days appear to have been ameliorated through a slight change in diet. So change, change all 'round.

There is much that can be said of change. We experience change on all levels: physically, emotionally, environmentally, relationally . . . I won't attempt to exhaust the list. Change in perspective - that's the topic tonight.

Although there undoubtedly are differences between all of us in our perspectives, we are all more alike than we often care to admit. We do not yet have the "mind of Christ," and so we continually struggle to have the correct picture, more often than not, according to our own nature. Thus conflict is born. Perspective might be based in thought, but it's roots have their beginning in our soul. I think this way (not often, mind you): How would I approach the day if I truly had the mind of Christ? Before you look ahead, I do not have the answer for this. The closest I can get is those attitudes, behaviors, and desires that the Spirit identifies in me as garbage to be rid of.

How do we gain the mind of Christ? I will quickly admit i have no formal training, but i do have a few thoughts.

We must ask. Jesus told his disciples that they did not have because they did not ask. And though God wants us to bring to him the desires of our heart, we are taught to pray asking that "thy kingdom come, thy will be done." Paul, under the influence of the Spirit, teaches that we are to present our bodies as a living sacrifice; that we are not to conform to the world, but rather we are to be transformed by the renewal of our mind. This extends to our union with Christ and our union with all believers in Christ.

This change will impact other areas of change, when you see, even though dimly, how God is using the things of life - even the bad stuff - to work his change in you.

You may have heard the phrase "glorious mess" to describe our condition here. Because of God's redemption plan, Christ's work to accomplish our salvation, and the Spirit's guiding presence, we have hope, assurance of our position before Holy God as adopted children, and our future share of his glory. At the same time, we continue to chaff against the mess of the broken world and our sin. We are not yet what will we be, but we are secure in Christ, because of what he has done.

Ask. Give yourself up. Allow the Spirit to transform you. Gain God's perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment