From my days sitting the operations desk as a Second Lieutenant comes this phrase - "Nothing Significant To Report." But that really isn't true. If you been with me on this journey since early to mid July, you will remember that to me each day is significant, it is special and unique, a blessing from God. So I'll tell you that I continue to be blessed beyond belief (check out the song by Petra from about 1990 of that name). Fatigue has caught up with me, but only mildly. I did succomb to a nap yesterday afternoon. And Cynth's change to my diet has made a difference. Now, we're six days away from treatment number four, and the scans to follow the week after. So, what's this about straight talk? I want to try and plainly speak the gospel.
Jesus died for me and you.
He rose again from the dead, as is demonstrated by the empty tomb.
He lives and reigns right now from God the Father's right hand.
He is coming again, in power and glory.
And we who are His will be gathered to him to live with him forever.
It is all about Jesus. Even we were created, personally, individually, and (so the Bible says) uniquely and wonderfully for one purpose - to glorify God and enjoy him forever. But our sin keeps us bound in chains of death and slavery. We need Jesus and his finished work on the cross to set us free and enable us to be joined to him.
You might have many questions. Seek out someone who believes that you trust, and ask them to help guide you. Find a church that loves Christ and teaches the Bible as the Word of God. And if I can help you, I am God's servant for you.
May your days be blessed as mine are.
No comments:
Post a Comment