In less than 24 hours, we'll have had the next biggest event in our lives to that point. Dr Felice will give us the results of the scan and I expect there will be discussion about proceeding with radiation. Dr Felice did tell us at the beginning of this journey that we expect miracles and that we should set hopeful goals. We've been all over that, even now praying that the cancer will be gone. I know that seems pollyanna-ish, but I believe it is possible. Likely may be something else.
You all are awesome prayer warriors. So I hope you won't mind if I add a few more. My co-worker's friend, known only as "Pig" has just been diagnosed with advanced colorectal cancer and faces surgery. Another friend is continuing a months long search for work. And I want to include my mom and step-father who now are nearing their third year of selling their house in Easley, SC. Please lift all these in prayer, for God's mercy, his grace, his peace and his provision in their need.
I continued to have a little pain today, even though we've added some new measures. We pray not only for good news tomorrow concerning the cancer, but also we pray that we'll hear something that will bring some relief. However, if this is the worst to date, and it is, then I am truly blessed by God for he has heard and answered my cries and the prayers of his people.
And while we're talking about prayer, let me remind us all that God has promised we will find him when we seek him with our heart. He also promises that if we, his people, who are called by his name, will humble ourselves and pray and seek his face and turn from our wicked ways, he will hear from heaven and forgive our sin and heal our land (2 Chronicles 7:14). God makes this promise after Solomom had completed and dedicated the temple. Just before the promise, though, God acknowledges the the prayers of Solomon and chooses the temple for his house of sacrifice. Sandwiched between such a blessing to Solomon and Israel, and the promise is a verse illustrating God'S justice: "When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command the locust to devour the land, or send pestilence among my people, . . ."
God, knowing his people, intimately, knows their hearts are easily turned from him. So he tells Solomon and the people that he is a God who will act justly, chastening his own to work repentence and faithfulness. And he includes the promise of restoration immediately after his statement of justice.
I bring this to you for it's personal application, me most of all, but also for our nation. For yet a little while, America is still the greatest testimony to the goodness of God. If things continue as they seem to be, I fear that our nation may be lost. Thus I pray, pray that our country will cry to God, turn from their wickedness, and seek his face. I pray also that the current administration will be moved to govern according to the truths in our Declaration of Independece and our US Constitution; that they will be protected from harm and turned from the corruption of their hearts.
If we were all to pray in this manner, this could be the next biggest thing.
I would like to remind you once again that not only are you as a writer of these truths a blessing to Robert and me but to others as well.
ReplyDeleteTuesday, our traditional time at Chic-Fil-A's (?)
was a special time this past Tuesday. I found Doug and Janie Cantrell's arms around me and at the same time heard their words of thanks to you for your writings. They said they had been so blessed by reading them and Doug said he hurries home in the afternoon to read what you have to say. Janie said you had really helped her. I think that is awesome. I have to say "Thanks be to God for His blessings and for using you in this way." I can hardly believe you have such a wonderful way of expression and how it is all tied together. Your sister should appreciate the good English you use!!
Thank you, too, for the added request for prayers for the sale of our house. I believe that answer is almost here! Continue to pray for wisdom for us, though.
In my heart I want to say I would do anything I could do, including shouldering the house burden to have you cancer free. However, I do not feel right bargaining with God for all of us in our family do want His will to be carried out. But selfishly, you know that God knows the intent of our hearts and that we solidly want you well and that, as much strength as it takes to say it, we want God to be glorified. You can know it is a feeling like Abraham had with his son Isaac but we know the end of that story and how blessed Abraham was.
We are continuing to pray as we wait upon the call from you and know of our 101% support of you no matter what.
Thank you for you!