Welcome!

Thank you for joining us as we wait on the LORD. We will post new information here as we have it to help us keep all of you who have asked informed of the latest news.

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Needful Things

Saturday nearly done. Another good day, beautiful weather (mid-70s and clear skies). Some pretty good games today, and the one tonight (Clemson at Auburn, in case I need to clarify it). Aaron is working so he is missing it but I am recording it on my DVD-recorder, so I'll get to watch it again. Anticipating another great day worshipping God tomorrow with the "family."

My thoughts once again earlier today turned to just what a disruption my condition has turned out to be. Like it or not, plans I had for this Summer into the Fall, my normal routine, everything about these past four months have been radically changed. Combined with the "new" schedule of treatments and doctor visits have taken the place of what I thought this season would bring. I don't mind saying that there are moments that I just have to say how much this really stinks. I mean it really, really stinks.

And even though that is a true statement, for it it is how I really feel, I cannot leave it there, for God is with me now, as he has been all along. I cannot help but remind myself that this is where God has me; this is what he is allowing for me and for my family and friends. All of you walking this with me are part of this, because you are witnesses to God' blessings, in whatever fashion they are manifest. At the moment you get to see how his peace and grace are sustaining me and Cynth. We live expectantly, knowing that God can heal, but also knowing that God's will is perfect and we do not want to be anywhere but in God's perfect will.

I also know that I am blessed to see how God has and continues to work through all these circumstances. I could have, and still might have a worse time of treatment going forward. And there is always the possibility that the treatment could stop being effective. Which would mean altering the treatment, which may or may not be as effective as what we are using now. I did read a news item today from 29 August that the FDA may rule against the use of Avastin, the "smart" drug that inhibits the growth of the tumors by starving them of blood. The article indicated that the ruling might be for it's use against breast cancer, so we'll ask Dr Felice about it and pray and hope that they won't rule against it's use, period.

There are many who are facing similar or worse circumstances. I've mentioned several. I need to ask again for prayers for all those I've mentioned before with a special request for my cousin Joe as he is facing similar trials as me, although with a much more difficult time of it. I need to add the father of a good friend, Rick, who is spending the night with his dad at the hospital. I also need to ask you to lift up another friend's dad. David's dad, like Rick's dad has suffered a stroke and they would covet your prayers.

Last night, we dined on Osborne Porkchop casserole, Waldorf salad and rolls, and completed with carrot cake. Simply irresistible.

Lift all these I've mentioned up to our great God for his mercy, grace, peace, strength and comfort that their faith may increase. To the glory of our great God forever and ever. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment