Welcome!

Thank you for joining us as we wait on the LORD. We will post new information here as we have it to help us keep all of you who have asked informed of the latest news.

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Friday (and Saturday) in Newport News

Here we are in Newport News to see Caleb and Megan and my parents for a few days. And what a good day it has been. A little tired most of the day, but an easy day at work - not much going on, not even any kind of special project to continue. Not that I'm complaining, mind you. Just making an observation. Even though I am a little fatigued, I continue to have strength from God to keep on. But that is not the only blessing.

On Wedenesday as the nurse was trying to get blood from my port, I asked when the doc would want another CEA score. As it turned out, they took enough blood to get the CEA score that day. On Friday we found out that yet again the score is down and at 2.7 (from 11.0 before treatment started on 7 July), it is almost in the normal range for a non-smoker like me. I cannot help but be amazed and in awe of what I ascribe to God as I hear of the prayers offered up on my behalf, and then see how those prayers are answered each and every day.

I'll give another example. I've mentioned a co-worker's sister who at a young age has been through chemo and radiation for breast cancer over the last few years. She has also endured surgery to remove the cancerous tissue. Now after the latest round of chemo and radiation, she discovered another lump and she experienced the pain associated with earlier discoveries of cancer. After seeing her doctors, and they took a biopsy of the lump, it was discovered to be not a lump of cancer, but a stitch that was missed from an earlier procedure. The prayer in my office that was offered up was for a diagnosis of no cancer. God answers prayer.

We just don't see God's answers because we either ask out of wrong desires and thus don't see that God's response is for our good, where our desires are most often not when borne out of our nature. We also don't often see God's answer because we take him and his work in and around us for granted. We need to constantly ask God to give us his eyes to see this world and this life as he does. When we can view life through his eyes, I believe we are ready to see that God responds to our prayer always from his love for us and that the answer we need is often not "no," but "I have something better for you that requires this to continue for a time."

I am having to walk this very path with someone I love very much and who is currently struggling very hard with what he believes about God, Christ, the Spirit, and heaven, and how all this works out for all of us. Again, as I have said before, the trouble is us. We struggle with what we want to have happen, and we place such importance on that that our life becomes centered on that issue. We become consumed, and then almost as quickley as we pray and move on, our heart focuses on something else, the new best thing that would satisfy. God alone satisfies and all he asks is our complete sacrifice of our heart, mind, soul, - our very lives - to him, for his service, like going to those who need to see his love, grace and mercy worked out in reality. But we must see as he sees. Then we can believe more fully, trust more completely, love more abundantly, and serve more wholly.

God bless all of you who are staying with us on the journey. I and Cynth treasure your prayers and love and care for us.

Johnson and crew chicken noodle soup, mixed salad, bread and brownies on Thursday provided a fantastic meal on a cool day. Wonderful eats.

No comments:

Post a Comment