Welcome!

Thank you for joining us as we wait on the LORD. We will post new information here as we have it to help us keep all of you who have asked informed of the latest news.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Awesome God

Treatment number nine underway. This time I didn't notice the side effects previously noted (eyes focusing weird and tongue feeling three feet thick). Maybe it is because I slept nearly the entire time. Still no word on the resumption of Leucovorin. But we do think that it is likely that we will skip the week of Thanksgiving and begin treatment eleven on December 1.

All is as it should be. We continue to look to God for he is lord over all things. He is ordering all my steps and he even let's me question this intrusion into MY designs. A little frustration today when the nurse could not get the blood he needed from the port. And as the frustration begins to mount, I felt God's hand on my shoulder, bidding me to just relax. So I ended up joking about it.

God knows how this hurts. Yet he teaches us how to have joy and even have rest in the midst of life's storms. We were under a tornado watch last night until 3 AM. At 12:00 I was looking all over the house for our handy-dandy Radio Shack weather radio with alarm feature, thinking that if the National Weather Service upgraded the watch to warning, the alarm would sound and we could take protective cover. I couldn't find the radio, but I woke up a little after 3 AM to the sounds of gentle rain, not the storm that was expected. And just so I would have a laugh, I proceeded to brush my teeth and shave, then I looked at the clock: 3 AM. I had been mistakenly thinking it was time to get up for work and was prepared to even get my shower. How funny.

So we have had a great day, even with a little fatigue. The leaves here are pretty. And so it goes on, God always faithful to work his plan and provide just what we need to continue to trust him for our very life. What a great God we serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment