Monday. October 25. Two more days until we begin treatment number nine and Cynth just said she might be coming down with something: a bit of a sore throat and a touch of a headache. We'll pray that it is just fatigue and this past weekend's excitement. For me, nothing new or significant to report. I worked nine hours today and will do so again tomorrow so that I will not need to take much of my leave on Wednesday. We will also talk with our doctor about treatment in November. If we followed the current pattern, the eleventh treatment would begin on the day prior to Thanksgiving, when the office would be closed. If at all possible, I would like to move that treatment a week sooner, but it will be up to the doctor.
I have been having a little bit of pain in the area where the catheter leads from the port up toward my shoulder and over the clavicle. There is a small incision there and as it has healed, it has kind of pulled tight. So I have fought the urge to scratch it when it itches, but there really is not much I can do about this intermittent pain. It is not worrisome or hindering, but it is a bother. Oh well. Really nothing to complain about.
Another gorgeous day today. Overcast skies with occasional sunshine as we all waited for the rain that was [not] to come. I am reveling in the colors on display here in northern VA, as the maples and poplars are just about in their full array. I am humbly in awe of the artistry of God as he uses all his creation to display his glory. And to think we are not simply a part of all this - we are his great delight.
Yet, after this past weekend and all the enjoyment it brought, the colors of this day today, and the anticipation of tomorrow, I had to be reminded today that I am prone to look at me and my present situation. If even for the briefest of moments, that time spent NOT at Jesus' feet is wasted at best, and foments despair leading to other problems at it's worst. So even as I agreed with the external voices that suggested I tire of this, and the inner voices that took that sentiment and made it my own, I took these to the cross, and left them there. It is true that am tired of this, but I know God is bearing me along through the love, prayers and support of all of God's people.
You have my most humble gratitude for your ceaseless intercession on our behalf. I pray that God would minister to you by his Spirit, strengthening you with all strength.
No comments:
Post a Comment