Welcome!

Thank you for joining us as we wait on the LORD. We will post new information here as we have it to help us keep all of you who have asked informed of the latest news.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Inconceivable!

Yes, I am pretty sure that it means what I think it means. Think of it . . . this is my one hundred fifty-eighth post in about two hundred fifty-three days. It is a joy to have this opportunity to share this walk with you. Your encouragement means so much, as do all your prayers and well wishes. I do hope, and quietly wonder if there are some who are reading and getting a dose of God's gospel and whether they are being challenged in their hearts. I may not know this side of heaven.

Another good day today. Cynth and I spent the evening between dropping Rachael at dance and picking her up running a few errands and grabbing a bite to eat. I am attempting to build up strength by maintaining activity after work. Supposedly that will help minimize the fatigue effect. We shall see. My bride tells me I need to do my posting earlier so as to not impinge on tomorrow's energy. Tomorrow will see after itself.

So far I am one for three in my bracket - not looking good. But it is early. With March Madness gearing up and baseball set to begin the end of this month, I am anxious to add to this Spring Football (I hope to see the Orange and White game televised). Based on early news from Tiger Town, it promises an interesting season . . . just something else for the War Eagle/Tiger faithful of L.A. to claim we took from them.

It is inconceivable that here I am, nearly a year since I began experiencing the pain in my side that eventually landed me in the emergency room at INOVA Fair Oaks and the discovery of lesions on my liver. Those days leading to that visit were wearisome. I never knew from one day to the next when the pain would come. I am still not sure when I first felt the pain, and my only reason for not having it checked sooner was because it came and went so suddenly and seemed linked to coughing, sneezing and laughing. I really thought it was a cracked rib.

Now we know the rest of the story, and you know, it has brought a lot of change to our lives. But has it really? Yes, there are new things we've had to adjust to, but our way of living, of dealing with this has not changed from our pattern before. We continue to trust in him who is our only source of life, strength, peace and comfort. We still walk with this unchanging, unshakeable God who even before there was a diagnosis was working on our hearts to strengthen us for the road ahead.

I have the blessing of being raised by a believing family, of marrying a Godly woman, of seeing my children struggle with knowing God. All by God's design. He pursued me and would not let me go, for his sake, quickening and awakening my heart to receive the truth about my life and need for his mercy and gracious gift of salvation. And because he is truth, I know he is with ever by my side to guide and comfort, chastise and lead. For no other reason than he loves me. Knowing him,and experiencing the freedom that comes from life in him is my life, and never more real than right here, right now in the midst of the storm.

Inconceivable? No. It may be hard to believe, but it is anything but inconceivable. If you are in the midst of storms and feeling overwhelmed, call out to him as the disciples did for his calming voice and power. Give over to him your fear, doubt and discouragement, and ask for shelter in his arms. Out of his love will come faithful blessing of his presence, strength, peace all by his mercy and grace. May you know the breadth, length height, and depth of his love in all its abundance today and always.

1 comment:

  1. Your beautiful musings on life and our Lord have been part of my quiet time for most of that count! You teach me and inspire me, and God grows me in Him as I learn from your open heart. Thank you, Greg. Paul and I pray for you almost every day, dear brother. Hope this helps answer your question of how God might be using your faithful witness to His goodness in your blog. God's richest blessings on you and your precious Cynthia. Kay Brooks

    ReplyDelete