I am told I need to clarify a point from my last post. As it happens, I am reminded that our oncologist did tell us that the reason for changing our treatment was NOT due to the previous treatment having run its course, but rather that the absence of Leukovorin (the enhancing vitamin) was beginning to impact our treatment. Regardless, the break of nearly six weeks while he searched for a clinical trial opportunity allowed some recuperation time and set us up very nicely to resume with this new regimen. And now I've begun my "off" week ( the week without any chemo between treatment cycles).
Time keeps on slipping, slipping, slipping into the future. It is something to think I dreaded the coming of winter with this disease, and it is now past with Spring at the door. Just as in Winter and my fondness for overcast skies and snow, I am looking forward to thunderstorm season. Ever since I was a young boy I have enjoyed a good thunderstorm. I often think about sitting on my grandfather's porch and watching the sky blacken toward town as a storm brewed.
We've experienced some doozies - fantastic lightning displays in Tucson, brilliant flashes in Arkansas, not to mention the wind. As a navigator, I have been closer than I wanted to be to a storm in the air, but thankfully some good training and good equipment kept us from ever getting struck.
So let Spring come, as if we could stop it, with its rain and lightning, March Madness and diamond days, and time spent in your glory. I hope for more strength to be able to join my bride as she enjoys tending flower beds and (maybe this year) a garden. This, as The Byrds sang echoing Solomon, is a "time to plant."
No comments:
Post a Comment