Welcome!

Thank you for joining us as we wait on the LORD. We will post new information here as we have it to help us keep all of you who have asked informed of the latest news.

Friday, June 17, 2011

Dreams

I have a confession to make: The previous post was begun three nights ago. I hate to put the blame on a single event or factor, but I have been getting used to two kinds of pain medicine. Both of these meds act on different timetables but each causes drowsiness. The last post was victim to my drowsiness as I let it go with a sentence that likely could not be deciphered.

The subject matter was very important to me, so I soldiered on, finished the blog and posted it with the mistake. This has now been corrected and the post may be read as it was intended from the beginning.

Just as my anniversary this week with my wonderful bride was important last night, so is a celebration of my kids important tonight. Caleb came home last night for a quick visit before he starts to work Monday. Aaron took me to my appointment today so that Cynth could be with Rachael. And Rachael has her dance recital this weekend, then she is off to Tuscaloosa, AL next weekend (road trip) for a three week Summer dance intensive.

All this seems pretty normal, and contributes to a notion that things are okay. Let me just say that the kids, for the most part are doing okay. It seems that they are just continuing on with life as they know it, and while they show concern for me and my condition, there doesn't seem to be a connectedness with my condition beyond how I am feeling.

Which leads me to ask again for your continued prayer, this time though for me, Cynth and each child of ours. I ask that in the days, weeks and months ahead that our kids will be moved to openness in directions they may fear now. And Cynth and I must be prepared for whatever God is doing to open them up to us so that our faith in him shines forth as ones who struggle with faith yet believe and trust in the hope God has given to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment