Welcome!

Thank you for joining us as we wait on the LORD. We will post new information here as we have it to help us keep all of you who have asked informed of the latest news.

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Change

Is there anyone - anyone, really, that likes change?  I mean the deep down, 180-degree type change?

Isn't change what it is all about?  The workplace seems to thrive on change, often paying huge amounts so that employees can go off somewhere away from the office to talk about how to change for the future, as if it is already a foregone conclusion that change is necessary or desired for business.

Regardless of whether anyone likes change or not, change is a part of life.  Some change is for the better; some change is destructive.  And guess what, God is in the midst of all the changes - that we experience.  That is interesting because God never changes.  But here's how He is involved in our changes:  We had to change to be able to have a relationship with Him - "I will remove the heart of stone from their flesh and give them a heart of flesh (Ezekiel 11:19, 36:26); we had to be cleansed of sin - "I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean from all your uncleannesses, and from all your idols I will cleanse you." (Ezekiel 36:25); and we had to be given a righteousness not our own - "Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith—" (Philippians 3:8-9).

God accomplished this, and much more through the finished work of Christ His Son:  "For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. (2 Corinthians 5:21).

There are somethings I don't ever want to change, but for now I am getting used to alot of change.  So far, we have been blessed with great days since treatment began, even with teh few days of fever.  We are two days away from beginning treatment number two, and we should find out more about the prospects of beginning radiation on the L1 vertebra tomorrow.

In the midst of all life - the changes, ebb and flow, ups and downs - God is constant, and working his plan of redemption, reconciliation and restoration.  Yes, restoration - the new Heaven and new Earth.  Let's keep praying, "Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven." (Matthew 6:10).

God bless you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment