For the second time now, I am " Bob-less," except I have my stepfather Bob, mother Martha, sister Beth and my brother-in-law Jeff. Their visiting for a few days and it's great to have them here.
We asked today about follow-up scans: We expect them to be scheduled after the fourth cycle of chemo, about mid-August. At the point, we expect that Dr Felice will want to go ahead with radiation on the L1.
And we're good with that. We know beyond any doubt that This is being used by God. It has given me so much opportunity to share about the Lord and His truth, and for that I am so, so grateful.
For some, I know you might think that I speak (write) as though I am living in some kind of denial of the reality of my circumstance. I have given that not a small amount of thought. That's where the beauty of the gospel is most clear. You see, the reality is that we are all flawed, as God says is sin, and without any hope in the world. Not real hope. This is because our sin is a barrier, keeping me and you from the relationship we were created for. But in spite of our sin, God loved us so much that he made the way for us to be reconciled to Him and have that personal relationship with Holy God, the only wise God and the Creator who made me and you and already knows each of us intimately. Even though we have faith in this God who loves us and counts us as His adopted children, we are still fallen creatures, broken, and marred, imperfect image bearers of God. This is the reason that the unbelieving world has trouble seeing God. Look at the selfishness and idol-bearers in the church. We are still fallen, sinners that have to rely each day on this Holy God for our provision of His love, mercy, grace, and peace. This means that God knows my anxiety, my fear, my doubts, my frustration. He loves me enough to want me to tell Him anyway. Because when I open to Him, and He allows me to dump my humanness on Him, He listens and works His mercy and peace into me, and this turns into grace for the journey.
We thank God for all of you who are with us on this way.
Now, thanks to the De Jongs for the most excellent "Salads Sharon."
Greg & Cynthia
ReplyDeleteWe are camping with about 50 Canadians up North who will add your situation to their prayers. We are thankful for the grace you have received and will continue to receive.
Art & Sandra S