Welcome!

Thank you for joining us as we wait on the LORD. We will post new information here as we have it to help us keep all of you who have asked informed of the latest news.

Friday, July 2, 2010

Friday

There are a couple of ways to consider Friday.  Most of the time, it is looking forward to a "weekend" and leisure activities.  Or it could be seen as another "week in the books" and the passing of time.

For me, Friday is just one of seven just like it.  Sure, I know that there are some special things about Friday, but for many years I've grown accustomed to thinking of each day as another day given to me that I did not deserve.  So that makes each day special, a gift, and an opportunity.  I don't seem to have trouble with the specialness and understanding that God has given me this day, but I miss more opportunities than I would want to admit.

I have been humbled - We have been humbled by all the prayers that we see evidence of in each day.  It is just a little over two weeks ago that I was diagnosed, and yet we give great thanks and praise to God for all that we see of him all round us.

At the moment, the one request we have is that you will pray with us that I will not experience any side effects.  Cynth and I have decided to be so bold.  Join us, please?

My apologies for the randomness of this post.  I promise to do better next time.  I am feeling a bit tired after enjoying an evening with a classic movie with members of our home fellowship group and other friends.

Before I close, someone will have to convince me why household projects or the like should be counted in "leisure" time.

2 comments:

  1. I can't explain why household projects count as leisure time. But I can say that is was great to see you at classic movie night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great to see all of you on Friday! Sorry we had to dash before it was all over - see you on Friday though around dinner time. xx

    ReplyDelete